To set up a new vehicle in the Fleet Dashboard, please follow the steps below:
- In your desired web browser, navigate to https://gripidledata.com/login,
- Log on to GRIP’s Fleet Dashboard with account credentials.
Part A – Confirming List of Vehicle(s):
- From the main page, select “Vehicle Filters” located top right
- Under Selected Vehicles, ensure the list of vehicle VIN’s corresponds to those with a GRIP System – Hit “Done” bottom right.
- From the main menu, select ‘Setup’, followed by ‘Fleet Manager’,
Part B – Zone Manager:
- Zone Manager allows you to configure zones to which you apply fleet vehicles.
- To add a new zone, type the name of the new zone in the “New Zone” text input, then click, 'Create'.
Part C – Vehicle Manager:
- Vehicle Manager allows you to configure your vehicle names, fuel type, fuel consumption per hour and allows you to assign the vehicle to specific zones.
- To rename a vehicle, click the text input box in the ‘name’ column, type in the name you wish to change it to, then click 'Apply'.
- To reassign the vehicle to a specific or different zone, click the dropdown menu in the ‘vehicle zone’ column, select the zone to which you want to apply to the vehicle, then click 'Apply'.
- To change the fuel type, click the dropdown menu in the ‘fuel type’ column, select the fuel type you want to apply to the vehicle, then click 'Apply'.
- To change the fuel consumption per hour, enter the new value in the textbox and click 'Apply'.
NOTE: The value entered will be in Liters per Hour (Metric) / Gallons per Hour (Imperial), when entering the amount of fuel used in 1 hour of idling. If in doubt, please refer to the following link for assistance:
Part D - Cost Manager:
- The Cost Manager page allows you to configure your fleet’s fuel costs.
- To change the fuel cost, navigate to the fuel type row for which you want to apply the new value, then click the text input box in the 'fuel cost' column and type to change your numeric value, then click 'Apply'.
Part E – Data Manager:
- The Data Manager page allows you to view and set data update frequencies for all zones and vehicles.
- 1st, select the vehicle(s) to apply the new update frequencies. All vehicles can receive changes, or it can be filtered by zone, vehicle, and fuel type in the Vehicle Filters (Data Selector) section.
- 2nd, select the starting date that your vehicle(s) should update. This date can be in the future or in the past.
- 3rd, select the frequency that your vehicle(s) should update. This is the amount of time that the updated date will increment by once past.
- 4th, Click ‘Apply’. If for example an 'Update Date' of Sunday at midnight is chosen along with an 'Update Frequency' of 1 week the selected vehicles will want to update every week on Monday.
- Update Now: To force an immediate data update, click the “Update Now” button. Please note, due to communication protocols beyond our control, the immediate update may experience a lag time of up to 10 minutes.
Part F – Confirmation of Savings under GRIP Data:
- From the main menu, select “GRIP Data” followed by “Savings” to confirm values are being populated based on raw data received.
- The following areas should display “savings” based on raw data received:
- Total Cost Savings
- Total Fuel Consumption Savings
- Total Engine Wear Savings
- Total CO2 Savings
- Fuel Consumption (Liters)
- Fuel Cost
- Emissions (CO2 in Kilograms)
- Note: Engine Wear (Kilometers) – is calculated based on 53 km/33 miles per 1 hour of idling.