If the Auxiliary Heater is not turning on, please:
- In the Service Tool, ensure the 'Heating Option Selector' is set to 'Auxiliary Heater.' This can be found under 'Heating' on the 'System Settings 2' tab.
Testing the auxiliary heater:
- In the Service Tool, navigate to the 'Climate Info' or 'Real Time Information' tab. Use 'Manual Auxiliary Heater' to turn the heater on/off.
- The auxiliary heater will need to prime with fuel before it starts, as the lines will be empty when it's installed.
- Check the 20 amp fuse in the auxiliary heater harness, replace it if necessary.
- Using a multi-meter, check for voltage at the heater connections. Pin 1 should have battery voltage. Pin 7 is the signal wire and should have battery voltage when the heater is requested. Pin 2 is the ground wire.